Mission: To share the latest news and updates from the Berkeley Lab IT Division and to ensure Lab staff are aware of current IT resources.
Contact IT Communications staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT Communications is responsible for Division communications, including the IT website and newsletter. Refer to the Ops Web contact list for details regarding support for Operations websites.
The following internal services are available to IT Division staff:
- Edit or draft communications content
- Facilitate review and approvals
- Manage audiences and channel distribution
- Track response and engagement over time
The recommended communication channels for distributing IT-related news and updates are described below. Please note the list is not exhaustive and publication is subject to approval.
Prior to submitting content for publication, IT staff should notify IT Communications using the request form or via email to email@example.com. Please include a brief description of the topic/purpose and time frame.
- IT Division Website: View the IT News page for example articles.
- IT Status: Visit it-status.lbl.gov for downtime and status messages for IT services.
- Monthly IT Newsletter: Sent to all Lab employees and affiliates. View the IT Newsletter Archive
- Internal staff mailing list: Utilized for direct messages to IT Division staff.
- Elements: The Berkeley Lab employee news platform.
- Emergency: Rare occasion may warrant distribution of a message through a Lab-wide channel such as email or text notification. See Security & Emergency Services to learn more.
- Strategic Communications: Media relations with news of broad interest to the public and global community and sharing with outside news organizations. Media training is also provided.
- Government & Community Relations: Connecting Berkeley Lab with local, state, or federal legislators and institutions.
- Talent Outreach: IT collaborates with Human Resources Recruiting office to foster and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Monthly IT Newsletter
The IT Division publishes a monthly newsletter to educate and inform the Berkeley Lab community. Content may include messages from IT leadership, featured stories written in collaboration with subject matter experts, and the latest updates and recommendations from Berkeley Lab IT.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or comments related to the IT newsletter or website.