Mission: To share the latest news and updates from the Berkeley Lab IT Division and to ensure Lab staff are aware of current IT resources.
The IT Division publishes a monthly newsletter to educate and inform the Berkeley Lab community. You can expect to read featured stories written in collaboration with subject matter experts and the latest updates and recommendations from Berkeley Lab IT. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for topic suggestions or other feedback related to the IT Newsletter.
IT Newsletter Archive
View past issues of the IT Newsletter at go.lbl.gov/itnewsletter.
We manage IT Division communications, including internal staff messages, the IT website, and IT Newsletter. As part of IT Web Services, we also provide technical support for Operations Division sites. Refer to the Ops Web contact list for specific site contact information.
The following services are available to IT Division staff:
- Draft and/or edit communications content
- Facilitate review and approvals
- Recommend audiences and channel distribution
- Submit content for publication
- Track response and engagement over time
- WordPress user accounts and training
Email email@example.com for any questions or requests related to IT Division communications.
The recommended communication channels for distributing IT-related news and updates are described below. Please note the list is not exhaustive and publication is subject to approval.
Notify IT Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org for final review prior to submitting content for publication in Elements or other channels. Please include a brief description of the topic/purpose and time frame.
- IT Division Website: View the IT News page for example articles.
- IT Status: Visit it-status.lbl.gov for downtime and status messages for IT services.
- Monthly IT Newsletter: Sent to all Lab employees and affiliates. View the IT Newsletter Archive.
- Internal staff mailing list: Utilized for direct messages to IT Division staff.
- Elements: The Berkeley Lab employee news platform.
- Other employee newsletters and mailing lists.
- Emergency: Rare occasion may warrant distribution of a message through a Lab-wide channel such as email or text notification. See Security & Emergency Services to learn more.
- Strategic Communications: Media relations with news of broad interest to the public and global community and sharing with outside news organizations. Media training is also provided.
- Government & Community Relations: Connecting Berkeley Lab with local, state, or federal legislators and institutions.
- Talent Outreach: IT collaborates with Human Resources Recruiting office to foster and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- University of California: We can help distribute news through UC channels, including UC Berkeley campus departments, the UC Tech Slack, and the UC IT Blog.