The IT Division formed the IT-IDEA Committee in 2021 to promote, advance, integrate, and operationalize Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accountability (IDEA) approaches and best practices within the IT Division, in partnership with Berkeley Lab senior leadership and the Laboratory Directorate IDEA Office
Mission: To develop our diverse IT workforce where everyone is included and respected, has access to equal opportunity, is treated equitably, and held accountable.
Vision: To create a welcoming and equitable workplace community that encourages employee growth and collaboration.
IT-IDEA Committee Members
The committee develops initiatives for implementation throughout the division. We currently meet once a month as a group to forward our mission and vision. For more information or to join the committee, email email@example.com.
Chair(s): Erin Scharfstein
Abu Sufian Shaikh
The current key initiatives for 2022 include:
- IT-IDEA website development to support IDEA education
- Improve IT recruiting and hiring practices with an IDEA lens
- Improve employee development via strategic career path planning
- Further educate and train the IT workforce on IDEA concepts
- Create an IT-IDEA climate survey