- The Business Systems Group (BSG) provides customer-oriented and strategic business systems solutions that contribute to the Lab’s operational efficiencies. BSG’s principal role is to direct and coordinate the implementation/enhancement, integration, and management of the Berkeley Lab’s business systems to ensure they are responsive to the evolving business and information needs of the Laboratory.
- Cyber Security Operations supports the overarching mission of Berkeley Lab by providing cyber risk management advice and services to the Laboratory community, promoting the idea that security is a shared responsibility, and seeking a collaborative engagement with Laboratory staff. Cyber Security Operations is responsible for developing and implementing an information security management plan for Berkeley Lab and working with research and operations divisions to ensure that progress is made towards meeting the security objectives defined by leadership.
- The IT Division Office conducts business operations support for all IT staff and affiliates, including the Division Director and CIO. Services include administration, project management, strategic planning, policy guidance, communications, archives, and records.
- IT Support Services provides Lab-wide technology services that serve our research and operations divisions enabling efficient, effective support of research, faculty, students, affiliates, and staff across Berkeley Lab.
- LBLnet is the “front door” for all telecommunications and networking service requests At Berkeley Lab. LBLnet provides long range planning, design, engineering, and technical advancement of the Lab's communications infrastructure and manages the communications system design guidelines and specifications, along with the site'ss cell sites.
- The Berkeley Lab Archives and Records Office (ARO) works in close cooperation with the National Archives and Records Administration’s (NARA’s) Pacific Region (San Francisco) Federal Records Center and Archives facilities in San Bruno to preserve, maintain, and provide access to laboratory records, including textual records, photographs, maps, architectural and engineering records, motion-pictures, and videotape.
- The Laboratory Research Computing (LRC) and Scientific Cluster Support (SCS) programs are managed by the Scientific Computing Group (also known as the High Performance Services group) within the IT Division at Berkeley Lab. These services are available for all LBNL Principal Investigators (PIs) and their collaborators. Currently, more than 824 scientists across over 161 research projects use our facilities to perform basic scientific research across a wide range of disciplines, including climate modeling, research into new advanced materials, simulations of the early universe, analysis of data from astrophysics sky surveys, carbon geosequestration, geochemistry, and a host of other scientific endeavors.
- Workstation Support provides user and endpoint support to all Berkeley Lab staff. Ranging from desktops, laptops, mobile devices, servers, network access, printer connectivity, remote connectivity, email, antivirus software, data backup, and archiving. Support for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems is available.