Cyber Security Operations supports the overarching mission of Berkeley Lab by providing cyber risk management advice and services to the Laboratory community, promoting the idea that security is a shared responsibility, and seeking a collaborative engagement with Laboratory staff. Cyber Security Operations is responsible for developing and implementing an information security management plan for Berkeley Lab and working with research and operations divisions to ensure that progress is made towards meeting the security objectives defined by leadership.
Visit the Cyber Security site at cyber.lbl.gov to learn more.
General IT Questions
Contact the IT Help Desk for all general IT issues, including removing blocks on computers. Options to contact the IT Help Desk include:
- Call (510) 486-4357 or xHELP (x4357)
- Chat with the Help Desk, Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm PT. Click the chat icon in the bottom right or navigate to go.lbl.gov/itchat.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a ticket at help.lbl.gov.
Contact us at email@example.com for general security questions, issues that involve hacking, computer compromises and infections, or any strange behavior on your computer. Use this PGP key if you need to contact us securely.
Report all computer security incidents immediately. Even if an incident seems insignificant, it could be an important clue to a more widespread attack. Follow these steps:
- Quit using the computer, but DO NOT turn it off
- Remove the network cable
- Quarantine it (leave it on but put a sign on the monitor to warn against further use)
- Report the incident to firstname.lastname@example.org
If possible, include the following information when you report the incident:
- Your name, phone number, and email
- IP addresses of computers involved in the incident
- Any pertinent information (e.g. email examples, logs, etc.)
- Brief description of incident