IT Support Services provides technical support to Berkeley Lab staff and affiliates. The Help Desk is available for support Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding Lab holidays) via phone at 510-486-4357 and responds to IT requests
- IT Embedded Support Engineers play a vital role in ensuring the success of Berkeley Lab scientific programs. IT Embedded Support Engineers are dedicated resources who provide a set of broad technical capabilities, and provide localized expertise adapted to the Host Entity unique needs. Embedded Support Engineers work for both the Host Entity and for the IT Division, providing access to Lab-wide services and capabilities to the Host Entity, and domain knowledge and field experience to the IT Division. We act as liaisons between IT and the host entity to get things done. If you are interested in an IT Embedded staff to support your needs; please contact us at EmbeddedIT@lbl.gov.
- The Endpoint Management service provides centralized management of workstations and servers allowing remote installation of applications, patches, and other software fixes. Services include desktop and laptop management, configuration management, and server automation.
- The Help Desk team provides technical computer support for customers and can be reached via:
- Berkeley Lab provides a number of services to help staff better understand and utilize IT resources in addition to developing staff skills and confidence with computer applications.
- Consider joining a user group to get the most out of your computing experiences, connect with fellow employees, and get peer to peer advice and assistance.
- Science IT provides on-demand and long-term “embedded” research consulting support, depending on Berkeley Lab researchers' needs. One email to ScienceIT@lbl.gov is all that is needed to do to get the help researchers want.