Mission: To share the latest IT Division news and to help ensure Lab staff are aware of current IT services and resources.
Contact IT Communications staff at email@example.com for questions and feedback regarding IT Division communications topics, including the website at it.lbl.gov and the monthly newsletter.
Refer to the Ops Web contact list for questions regarding Operations Division sites.
The IT Division publishes a monthly newsletter to educate and inform the Berkeley Lab community. You can expect to read featured stories written in collaboration with subject matter experts and the latest updates and recommendations from Berkeley Lab IT.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with topic suggestions or other feedback related to the IT Newsletter.
IT Newsletter Archive
View past issues of the IT Newsletter at go.lbl.gov/itnewsletter.
We manage internal and external IT Division communications, including the IT website, and IT Newsletter. The following services are available to IT Division staff:
- Draft and/or edit communications content
- Facilitate review and approvals
- Recommend audiences and channel distribution
- Submit content for publication
- Track response and engagement over time
Email email@example.com for questions or requests related to IT Division communications.
The recommended communication channels for distributing IT-related news and updates are described below. Please note the list is not exhaustive and publication is subject to approval.
Notify IT Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org for final review prior to submitting content for publication in Elements or other channels. Please include a brief description of the topic/purpose and time frame.
- IT Division Website: View the IT News page for example articles.
- IT Status: Visit it-status.lbl.gov for downtime and status messages for IT services.
- Monthly IT Newsletter: Sent to all Lab employees and affiliates. View the IT Newsletter Archive.
- Internal staff mailing list: Utilized for direct messages to IT Division staff.
- Elements: The Berkeley Lab employee news platform.
- Other employee newsletters and mailing lists.
- Emergency: Rare occasion may warrant distribution of a message through a Lab-wide channel such as email or text notification. See Security & Emergency Services to learn more.
- Strategic Communications: Media relations with news of broad interest to the public and global community and sharing with outside news organizations. Media training is also provided.
- Government & Community Relations: Connecting Berkeley Lab with local, state, or federal legislators and institutions.
- Talent Outreach: IT collaborates with Human Resources Recruiting office to foster and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- University of California: We can help distribute news through UC channels, including UC Berkeley IT and other campus departments, the UC Tech Slack, UC Women in Tech, and the UC IT Blog.