Start: Friday, December 17 at 5:00pm PST
End: Sunday, December 19 at 5:00pm PST
Purpose: The outage is to accommodate testing of the existing EPO (Emergency Power Off) system. The testing is required as part of a project to modernize and improve the generator and cooling systems for Lab spaces.
- All enterprise business systems will be down, such as FMS, LETS, WPC, Maximo, etc.
- All of the scientific computing systems in the 50B-2275 and 50B-1275 datacenters will be shutdown and unavailable. Affected systems include:
- Lawrencium and all dedicated research clusters (ALICE, ALSACC, XMAS, ARES, Bear, Catamount, Dirac1, ETNA, Exalearn, JBEI, JGI Jaws, MHG, Nano, Vulcan).
- LRC Open OnDemand and any related Lawrencium services will also be unavailable.
- Any systems relying on the Scientific Virtual Machine service (SVM), the Scientific Project Storage Service (SPSS), and the Software Module Farm will also be affected by the shutdown.
Contact the Help Desk for other concerns or unreported outages.