AV Services provides real-time remote support for Zoom Webinars in addition to broadcast support for large meetings and conferences. Submit the AV Services Request Form to schedule AV support for Zoom Webinars.
Watch live broadcasts, past events, and upcoming streams at streaming.lbl.gov.
Please review the Meeting and Webinar Comparison article before requesting an individual webinar license. Regular Zoom meetings are ideal for interactive sessions with a manageable number of participants who can share screen and enable/disable audio and video. A Zoom webinar is typically used for large and public events where the remote audience has no control over their camera or microphone. Hosts and panelists control the webinar, while remote attendees watch the broadcast and submit questions using the Q&A feature.
- All Berkeley Lab employees are granted a Zoom Pro account license with no time limit and up to 300 remote attendees.
- A limited number of Zoom Webinar licenses (500 remote attendee max) are available for short-term use by lbl.gov employees.
- AV services can schedule lab-wide Zoom webinars on behalf of organizers and post link to join on streaming.lbl.gov (3,000 remote attendee max).
Schedule a Streaming Broadcast
- To request an individual Zoom Webinar or Zoom Large Meeting license: Request AV Support
- If high quality video editing services or camera operation is required, please contact the Creative Services Office for equipment rental and camera control specifications.
View a Live Broadcast
- Most live broadcasts can be viewed via the Video Stream Portal at streaming.lbl.gov.
- Some events may require special broadcast arrangements with a vendor or a different broadcast link from the organizer.
Recorded Video Streams
- View recordings of past programs in the Video Stream Library.
- To view other stored programs, visit the official Berkeley Lab YouTube channel.
AV services are recharged based on a flat rate of $100/hr, including staffing for live streaming events (Zoom webinars).
- Overtime Charge: Regular AV hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Any labor performed outside these hours will incur overtime charges at a rate of $150/hour.
- Rush Charge: AV requests made with less than 48 business hours advance notice will be billed at double time. Full staffing requests made with less than a 2 week advance notice will be billed at double time. Note: We may not be able to support emergency requests due to existing staff commitments
- Weekend Charge: Minimum labor charge for weekend days is 4 hours (depends on staff availability).
- Damaged Property: Requesters take full responsibility to replace equipment/property that is damaged/lost/stolen during the rental use.
- Cancellation Policy: Requesters are responsible for any charges related to AV setup and/or pre-testing. Cancel or modify existing requests by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AV technician present at the event for setup/breakdown is a minimum charge of 1 hour.
- For virtual events, AV technicians can join 30 minutes early and remain connected for the first 30 minutes (upon request)