The Lab has launched, as part of its web redesign, a public facing profile module, profiles.lbl.gov. The data source for the profiles comes from the publications management system. Each user has a profile in there that can be populated and set to appear on profiles.lbl.gov. All researchers at the Lab have profiles automatically set to public facing. If you are not a researcher and want your profile set to public, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the Summary:
- Log in to the Lab’s Publications Management System to edit your outward facing LBNL profile. (If you have a campus appointment, use your campus credentials to log in.)
- Select Edit Profile under the image/image placeholder in your account to begin editing your profile.
- Any of the fields marked with a blue “+” can be edited manually. All other fields are determined by the Lab’s HR data.
- If you have an existing profile site you’d like to direct people to, e.g. your ETA profile page, include the link in section for Web Addresses as “Other”.
- To change your job title you must log in to the Lab’s HRIS and enter your preferred title under Update Personal Data. For the time being, please ignore the text box “What I do”.
- To set a delegate who can do this for you, please contact email@example.com.
The slide deck “How to update your Lab profile” has step by step instructions for filling out your profile, and a list of frequently asked questions.