Berkeley Lab A|V offers on-location event support services at both on-site and off-site locations. They support audio and video recording as well as live streaming for all Berkeley Lab events. The experienced staff are available to assist in providing and supporting the AV technology needed for Berkeley Lab events. In addition, consultation is available to ensure staff have all the media technology they need to make events a success.
To assure equipment and technicians are available for events, observe the following guidelines:
- for equipment and technicians during the regular work day (Monday – Friday, 8AM-4:30PM), a minimum of 48 hours notice is required.
- for events after hours (Monday – Friday, after 4:30PM; and weekends), a minimum of 5 days notice is required.
AV Hours: Regular hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Any labor performed outside these hours will incur overtime charges ($150/hour). AV services are recharged based on a flat rate of $100/hr, including staffing for live streaming events (Zoom webinars).
- AV technician present at your event for setup/breakdown is a minimum charge of one hour
- For virtual events, AV technicians can join 30 minutes early and remain connected for the first 30 minutes (upon request)
- Note: AV cannot remain connected for the duration of Zoom meetings and/or Zoom webinars, due to staff limitations
- The Help Desk is available during business hours, should unforeseen issues arise (510) 486-4357 or email@example.com
- Rush Charge: AV requests made with less than 48 business hours advance notice will be billed at double time. Full staffing requests made with less than a 2 week advance notice will be billed at double time
- Note: We may not be able to support emergency requests due to existing staff commitments
- Weekend Charge: Minimum labor charge for weekend days is 4 hours (and depends upon staff availability)
- Damaged Property: Requesters take full responsibility to replace equipment/property that is damaged/lost/stolen during the rental use.
- Requests for remote AV support for Zoom Webinars can be made using the AV Request Form.