Hold on! Before you rush to upgrade, here are the things to do:
- MacOS Monterey compatibility: Find out if your device will work with macOS Monterey
- Software that works on macOS Big Sur with M1 or Intel Chipset should work with macOS Monterey.
- Are all your peripheral devices compatible?
- Is all your installed software compatible?
- Do you have the installers for that software, if you need to reinstall?
- Make sure a full backup of your computer is completed before upgrading
Once you go through the list and decide to upgrade