Google Meet is a simple platform designed to run an online meeting with minimal effort. Using only your web browser or a mobile device, meeting participants can share audio, video, and screens with colleagues and guests.
Google Hangouts Meet makes it easy for hosts and participants to meet with colleagues from both on and off site. With no need to download additional applications, participants can join a meeting quickly and easily using their web browser. Participants on the go can use mobile apps for iOS or Android for the full meeting experience or call in using the meeting’s phone number and pin. And because Google Meet is included with Berkeley Lab staff’s Google account, no additional cost or accounts are required.
- Organize a meeting with up to 50 participants
- Out-of-the-box scheduling integration with Google Calendar, Google Mail
- No client download or install required; join using your web browser
- Call into a meeting by phone using the US-based phone number and pin for your meeting
- Share your entire screen, slides, or a single window with your meeting’s participants
What to Expect
Google Meet is a cloud hosted meetings solution, for which Google promises 99.9% uptime. See the G Suite Status Dashboard for current service status and past incidents.
Google Meet requires the use of a supported web browser. Detailed requirements can be found on Google’s Meet System Requirements page.
At minimum, hosts and participants in an online meeting should have:
A broadband wired or wireless internet connection
A microphone and speakers, or a headset