Google Meet is a supported video-conferencing platform available to Berkeley Lab staff. Meet is a simple, cloud-hosted meeting solution, for which Google promises 99.9% uptime. Using a web browser or a mobile device, participants can share audio, video, and screens with colleagues and guests.
- View the IT FAQ for more details on video conferencing options.
- Visit Video conferencing with Google Meet to find training and resources.
- Organize a meeting with up to 50 participants
- Out-of-the-box scheduling integration with Google Calendar, Google Mail
- No client download or install required; join using your web browser
- Call into a meeting by phone using the US-based phone number and pin for your meeting
- Share your entire screen, slides, or a single window with your meeting’s participants
Google Meet makes it easy for hosts and participants to meet with colleagues from both on and off site. With no need to download additional applications, participants can join a meeting quickly and easily using their web browser. Participants on the go can use mobile apps for the full meeting experience or call in using the meeting’s phone number and pin. No additional cost or accounts are required since Google Meet is included with lbl.gov accounts in Berkeley Lab Workspace.
Learn about hardware and software requirements for using Google Meet: