Zoom Rooms are a software-based meeting room system that provides an integrated experience for audio/video conferencing, wireless screen sharing, and virtual collaboration. Request AV Zoom Room services, including design, procurement, training, and conversion of existing rooms. Use the Zoom Room request form to submit one request per room.
AV can provide Zoom Room design and configuration recommendations, including equipment options which adhere to Lab standards. A standard Zoom Room consists of a single or dual display, computer, camera/mic and iPad room controller. Touch displays can be paired with Zoom Rooms for a digital whiteboard experience.
- Can be used for in-person, remote, and hybrid meetings.
- Hosts launch and control the meeting on a laptop, adding the Zoom Room AV system and remote attendees as participants.
- Record meetings locally or to the Cloud from the host laptop.
- Wireless in-room screen sharing with no active zoom meeting in progress.
- Find a current overview of active Zoom Rooms and features at go.lbl.gov/cr.
AV has built a standard with Zoom Rooms for all public conference rooms at Berkeley Lab. A conference room is considered “public” when it is open to anyone at the Lab to reserve via Google Calendar.
- Modern, easy to learn system with intuitive functionality
- Consistent user experience across several locations
- Reduces the need to carry extra adapters and cables
- Training and ongoing support structure offered
In addition to AV hardware and labor costs, there is an annual licensing fee of $249 per Zoom Room which is recharged to a PID each fiscal year term. Any costs associated with data cabling or network activations are quoted separately by the IT Networking group (LBLnet).