VMware Fusion is software developed to enable Mac users to operate virtual machines running Windows, Linux and other guest operating systems on a host macOS computer without rebooting. The Software Licensing group recently acquired Lab licenses for the latest version, VMware Fusion 13 Pro, which is now available for purchase at software.lbl.gov.
- Hardware: Intel or Apple silicon Mac models that support macOS 12 Monterey or later
- Software: macOS 12 Monterey or macOS 13 Ventura
- Mac computers with Apple silicon
- macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers
- macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers
VMware Fusion 13 software provides native support for Macs with both Intel processors and Apple silicon chips, including the ability to run ARM virtual machines on Apple silicon systems. Additional guest operating system support also includes Microsoft Windows 11, Windows Server 2022, RHEL 9, Debian 11.x, Ubuntu 22.04. View VMware Fusion 13 Release Notes for full details of the new features.
Note: Running Windows 10/11 on Berkeley Lab Apple silicon systems is not available at this time. Microsoft has not provided an option for IT to purchase licenses for Windows 10/11 for ARM Processors.
Refer to the certified VMware guides for more compatibility information:
Refer to VMware Fusion Documentation for general help with using VMware.
Contact the IT Help Desk for further assistance with VMWare installations.
- Chat with IT from Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (PT) at go.lbl.gov/itchat.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a ticket at help.lbl.gov.
Contact the Software Licensing team at email@example.com for questions or requests related to procuring software applications at the Lab.