The Avaya Workplace soft phone app uses your Lab phone number on a smartphone or computer. The app complements your smartphone, giving you more flexibility and functionality in controlling your personal and work calls. There is no additional cost for existing Lab phone numbers.
Here are some advantages to using the Avaya Workplace App and how it adds functionality to your smartphone:
- Avoid cellular roaming charges when traveling abroad – Calls placed using your Lab phone number from the App are not charged for US domestic calls, even when abroad. The App works over WiFi or your carrier’s data plan.
- Keep your cellular number separate. Incoming calls to your Lab phone number ring on the Workplace App, helping you identify it as a work call. When placing a call from the App, your Lab Phone number appears as your Caller ID rather than your cellular phone number.
- Use 4-digit dialing – Remote workers and telecommuters, when using the App, are still reachable by 4-digit dialing.
- Lab Phonebook Directory – Workplace has a built-in Lab Phonebook Directory allowing you to quickly dial Lab colleagues by using their name or number.
- Control when to receive calls – To start or stop receiving calls to your Lab number, simply sign in or sign out of the App.
- Separate Lab voicemail from cellular voicemail – Calls to your Lab number go to your Lab voicemail and not your cellular voicemail.
Learn more about the app:
To see a full list of benefits:
Request soft phone activation: